Thursday, December 28, 2017

New Orleans

Brrrr..... it is cold this evening! Well, I should not be complaining, most of the days here are in the 60s, it is winter, I really should not complain that much when the temperature drops to the 40s in the night!
The family is still here, but Clare and Lione will be leaving end of the week : (
Dolce will be here for an extra week, even though she works from home, I am still happy that she is around in the house.

I haven't been that active in blogland the past year, mainly because the increase of my work load, so I don't have much time in the craft room, I have the intention to do better this year, even I don't have new project, I should just pop in to post something old or just chat with you right?

Travel in November

We went to New Orleans and then to Atlanta to visit a friend in November, I thought I'll share some photos of my trip here with you.


A friend of DH insisted we stayed at their mansion right at the French Quarter this time, this is the view from our balcony....


it's a short walk to the French Market....


I am sure most of you have heard of Beignets.....


if you are in New Orleans, I suggest that you try one at Café du Monde, indulging yourself in this heavenly treats, yum......


Since I only have half a day while DH is at work, I just enjoy the stroll nearby....



Thanks for stopping by..... before I go, here's a little treat box I made for the holiday.


enjoy the rest of your holiday weekends and have a wonderful 2018!!!!













8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

Wish you all the best for 2018

Elma

Adam said...

happy new year

Ros Crawford said...

Hello my lovely... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I just love those photos and what a spectacular building! Thank you so much for sharing them. In my thoughts I am walking there with you. Your treat box is so pretty too Kirsty. Know that I am thinking of you and sending a huge hug to you...xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like a fabulous trip you had! LOVING the photos!!!! And loving that cute treat box!!!!!!!!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Ever so fantastic photos, Kirsty. I enjoy posts of projects, pictures or stories. Your treat box is delightful. Wishing you all the best in 2018!

Tracy said...

You were only and hour or so away from me in New Orleans. Always plenty to see there and you're absolutely right. You HAVE to get beignets when there. Hugs and happy new year!

Greta said...

Darling treat box, Kirsty! I've never been to New Orleans--fun to see your beautiful pictures! Glad you've had family for the holidays--stay warm! We've had lots of nights below freezing, but missed the ice & snow, thankfully!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous spot to stay in New Orleans! Looks like that was another amazing trip! Would love to go there again someday. I'm overdue for some beignets! 😆
Adorable treat box!